Growing a Better Tomorrow for All Children, Together. Every day, we help positive childhood experiences take root.
While April is Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Month, child abuse happens every day and so must prevention efforts. Prevent Child Abuse (PCA) Georgia provides sample communications pieces and activities to be used during CAP Month and year-round to help promote awareness, educate the general public, and also target specific audiences. Whether you use these tools in their entirety or simply for inspiration, this guide is a stepping stone for your CAP Month activities.
The online toolkit and Community Action Guide include:
- Key messages to educate and promote awareness
- Social media calendar, content, and images
- Pinwheels for Prevention materials and activities
- Sample communications (e.g., press release and letter to the editor)
CAP Month Events & Activities
PCA Georgia’s Family Well-Being Challenge
Take part in PCA Georgia’s statewide Family Well-Being Challenge by walking, cycling, playing sports, meditating, reading, or engaging in a variety of other wellness activities to see how many “miles” you can accumulate during the month of April.
- Register online at TinyURL.com/GAFamilyWC as an individual or part of a team. The challenge lasts from April 1 to 30, 2022.
- Download the atlasGO app onto your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play using the same credentials as your online registration. Use the app to track activities, log miles, and share your wellness journey.
- Let’s reach our Family Well-Being Challenge goal together!
Together we want to cover at least 57,000 miles, to symbolize the square mileage of Georgia. As we travel, help us raise $1 per mile, that’s $57,000 to build strong families across Georgia.
- Southern Coastal Challenge (50 miles) – pinwheel lapel pin
- North Georgia Challenge (75 miles and/or fundraising $250)- finisher medal
- East-West Challenge (230 miles and/or fundraising $500)- pinwheel lapel pin, finisher medal, fitness hydration grip, and entered to win a variety of sponsored prizes.
Join PCA Georgia and partners as we dig into pressing issues and innovative strategies to help children thrive throughout April, Child Abuse Prevention Month. Each session will focus on discussion, and some sessions include brief articles or videos to be reviewed in advance.
Prevention Training Everyday in April
- Connections Matter
- Mandated Reporting
- Healthy Touch for Children and Youth
- Stewards of Children
- And more!