How can we work with families most effectively? What does it mean to be a quality Family Strengthening and Support program? How can managers, direct service staff, and families work together to develop and sustain quality programs?
This 2-day virtual training on the Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support details how the Principles of Family Support Practice and the Strengthening Families Approach, with its research-based, evidence-informed 5 Protective Factors, can be applied together to enhance work with families.
Who should come:
- Management and direct service staff in the Family Support and Strengthening field. Teams of Executive Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and direct service staff are highly encouraged, because each has a key role to play in implementing the Standards effectively.
- Program officers and contract managers in the Family Support and Strengthening field.
- Anyone who needs to be re-certified in the Standards. Re-certification is required 2 years after initial training date.
- Overview of the Principles of Family Support Practice
- Overview of the Strengthening Families Approach and its 5 Protective Factors
- Family Centeredness- How can we develop and implement a program that is centered on the needs of families?
- Family Strengthening- How can we help families to build upon their strengths for achieving success?
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)- How can staff and families embrace the many facets and layers of diversity?
- Community Strengthening- How can programs support families to be engaged in strengthening their communities?
- Evaluation- How do we know how well our programs are serving families?
Register for Upcoming Trainings
Each training registration closes 2 weeks prior to the training date. When you register please include the best physical mailing address, training materials will be directly shipped to you. Trainings need a minimum number of participants to occur.
2024 Trainings Dates and Registration:
Each day of training occurs from 9am-3:30pm.
Value and recognize families as integral to the program
Family strengthening approach to support families to be strong, healthy, and safe.
Looking at areas of strength and opportunity, for continuous quality improvement.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Respecting families’ diversity and engaging in ongoing learning and adaptation to diversity.
Facilitating social connections, developing families’ leadership skills, and collaborating with partners.