Mandated Reporter TOT Application
Prevent Child Abuse Georgia’s one day Mandated Reporting TOT is a comprehensive training session for professionals who have a need to train others on the responsibilities of a mandated reporter. Many mandated reporters understand the importance of reporting and preventing child maltreatment, but may feel they do not have the knowledge to do so. This training is designed to provide participants with the information needed to recognize, report and prevent child maltreatment.
Join us for the next Mandated Reporter Training of the Trainer
September 21, 2018 (Friday)
9am – 4pm
LPCA approved for 5.75 core hours
Sheltering Arms Center at Barack and Michelle Obama Academy
195 Tuskegee St SE
Atlanta, GA 30315
Cost: $100 (lunch included)
||By applying to this Mandated Reporter Training of the Trainer you are
agreeing to deliver a minimum of 3 Mandated reported trainings to be given
within one year of the TOT. Training Evaluations will be given to Prevent
Child Abuse Georgia for each training.
Mandated Reporter TOT Learning Objectives
- Participants will be prepared to provide the Mandated Reporter training by:
- Understanding how the laws around mandated reporting affect you
- Defining four types of abuse and related indicators
- Describing the process for handling a disclosure of abuse
- Following the basic procedure for reporting suspected child abuse
- Identifying protective factors and strategies for prevention child abuse
- Participants will demonstrate proficiency in delivering the Mandated Reporter training content.
- Participants will understand how to conduct all training activities.
- Participants will understand trainer logistics such as accessing and uploading documents and how to request a MR training using the PCA GA trainer request form.
- Participants will be authorized by PCA GA to conduct 90 minute MR trainings throughout the state of Georgia.
Application Deadline: August 24, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: August 31, 2018
Stay tuned for upcoming TOTs here.
Lunch will be provided.
Space is limited and submission of this application does not indicate acceptance into the training. You will receive an email after the application closes to indicate acceptance, give further details, and provide a payment link. Please contact Naeshia McDowell at email@example.com with any questions. This Mandated Reporter Training Curriculum has been approved by the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.