Prevent Child Abuse Georgia’s Mandated Reporting TOT is a comprehensive training session for professionals who have a need to train others on the responsibilities of a mandated reporter. Many mandated reporters understand the importance of reporting and preventing child maltreatment, but may feel they do not have the knowledge to do so. This training is designed to provide participants with the information needed to recognize, report and prevent child maltreatment.
PCA Georgia hosts semi-regular Mandated Reporter Training of the Trainers or your organization can request a TOT by contacting PreventChildAbuseGA@gsu.edu.
Virtual- July 14 (9am to 2pm) and 15 (9am-noon), 2021, Application Deadline COB June 4, 2021
- Minimum bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous training experience
- Resume required, please submit with application
- Priority will be given to professionals affiliated with family and child serving organizations
By applying to this Mandated Reporter Training of the Trainer you are agreeing to deliver a minimum of 3 Mandated reported trainings to be given within one year of the TOT. Training Evaluations will be given to Prevent Child Abuse Georgia for each training. You must also be willing to fulfill mandated reporter training requests within your community.
Mandated Reporter TOT Learning Objectives
- Participants will be prepared to provide the Mandated Reporter training by:
- Understanding how the laws around mandated reporting affect you
- Defining four types of abuse and related indicators
- Describing the process for handling a disclosure of abuse
- Following the basic procedure for reporting suspected child abuse
- Identifying protective factors and strategies for prevention child abuse
- Participants will demonstrate proficiency in delivering the Mandated Reporter training content.
- Participants will understand how to conduct all training activities.
- Participants will understand trainer logistics such as accessing and uploading documents and how to request a MR training using the PCA GA trainer request form.
- Participants will be authorized by PCA GA to conduct 90 minute MR trainings throughout the state of Georgia.
Due by COB June 4, 2021
Space is limited and submission of this application does not indicate acceptance into the training. You will receive an email after the application closes to indicate acceptance, give further details. Please contact PreventChildAbuseGA@gsu.edu with any questions. This Mandated Reporter Training Curriculum has been approved by the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.