Prevent Child Abuse Georgia’s one day Mandated Reporting TOT is a comprehensive training session for professionals who have a need to train others on the responsibilities of a mandated reporter. Many mandated reporters understand the importance of reporting and preventing child maltreatment, but may feel they do not have the knowledge to do so. This training is designed to provide participants with the information needed to recognize, report and prevent child maltreatment.
PCA Georgia hosts semi-regular Mandated Reporter Training of the Trainers or your organization can request a TOT if you have groups needing the one day training.
Upcoming TOTs- Scroll down for application.
June 11, 2020- Cordele
June 18, 2020- Savannah
Application Deadline May 1, 2020.
|By applying to this Mandated Reporter Training of the Trainer you are agreeing to deliver a minimum of 3 Mandated reported trainings to be given within one year of the TOT. Training Evaluations will be given to Prevent Child Abuse Georgia for each training. You must also be willing to fulfill mandated reporter training requests within your community.|
Mandated Reporter TOT Learning Objectives
- Participants will be prepared to provide the Mandated Reporter training by:
- Understanding how the laws around mandated reporting affect you
- Defining four types of abuse and related indicators
- Describing the process for handling a disclosure of abuse
- Following the basic procedure for reporting suspected child abuse
- Identifying protective factors and strategies for prevention child abuse
- Participants will demonstrate proficiency in delivering the Mandated Reporter training content.
- Participants will understand how to conduct all training activities.
- Participants will understand trainer logistics such as accessing and uploading documents and how to request a MR training using the PCA GA trainer request form.
- Participants will be authorized by PCA GA to conduct 90 minute MR trainings throughout the state of Georgia.
Participants will be able to offer 1.5 hours of BFTS credit for this training and can also receive BFTS credit for this day long TOT (upon request).
Mandated Reporter Training of the Trainer Application– Deadline to complete is May 1, 2020.
Space is limited and submission of this application does not indicate acceptance into the training. You will receive an email after the application closes to indicate acceptance, give further details, and provide a payment link. Please contact Naeshia McDowell at email@example.com with any questions. This Mandated Reporter Training Curriculum has been approved by the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.