Find Supportive Resources by Calling 1-800-CHILDREN (1-800-244-5373)
Being a parent is hard work, and sometimes we can all use a little help to get through the tough parts. It takes parents, caregivers and RESOURCES to help children thrive.
1-800-CHILDREN (1-800-244-5373) is a free statewide helpline that will give you information you can use wherever you live in Georgia. Callers can talk to a trained individual who cares and wants to help.
Find Supportive Resources by Searching Online
Find supportive programs near you on the interactive online map! This tool contains over 3,000 organizations and programs around the state that support families.
Use it as your community’s resources guide-
Add a resource online or upload your current community resources below. We will make sure they are up-to-date every 6 months! Families, caregivers, and professional in your area will be able to access them through our online resources map or by calling to speak to one of our resource navigators!
The Helpline Is:
- Toll Free
- A safe place to discuss options
- Open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Professionally staffed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- A source of information
The Helpline Is NOT:
- A hotline or crisis line
- A function of DFCS
- Where child abuse reports are taken
The Helpline Serves:
- Parenting support
- Counseling and support groups
- Referrals for legal needs
- Grandparent issues
- Child abuse and prevention information
- Concern about well-being of a child or family member
- Family violence concerns
- Community resources for emergency assistance
- Resources for special needs children
Why People Call:
- Parents, Grandparents, Kin and/or Foster Parents
- Survivors of Abuse
- Friends or Relatives
- Crime Victims
- Faith Communities
Help Us Promote the Helpline with these FREE RESOURCES!
Partners are encouraged to use the content of this marketing kit to promote Prevent Child Abuse (PCA) Georgia’s 1-800-CHILDREN Helpline and Resource Map among parents, caregivers, early care and education providers, and other child and family serving professionals.
This marketing kit includes
- News content and accompanying images
- Web banner- can be customized to your needs, email PreventChildAbuseGA@gsu.edu
- Printable flyer
- PowerPoint slide
- Social media content
- Request customized posters (for professionals and parents) or rack cards to be mailed to you, email PreventChildAbuseGA@gsu.edu
- PCA Georgia’s Online Store provides more options to purchase child abuse prevention promotional materials.
“PCA Georgia is supported in part by the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Community Based Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CFDA 93.590). Points of view or opinions stated in this document are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Community Based Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CFDA 93.590).”
The Helpline is funded in part by VOCA Sub-Award C15-8-358, administered by the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council and awarded by the Office for Victims for Crime.