State and National Links
- Office of Prevention and Family Support: Promotes positive change throughout the state of Georgia through issuing grants, collecting and disseminating family welfare data, and collaborating with local communities. This office is part of the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.
- Georgia Department of Human Services, Division of Family and Children Services: Official website for Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS).
Contact Your Local DFCS Office
- Georgia Department of Public Health, Division of Maternal and Child Health: Works with public agencies, health service providers, and other community partners to encourage the healthy development of mothers and children.
- Georgia Office of the Child Advocate: State agency that acts as a resource for child welfare organization and citizens concerned about foster children and at-risk families.
- Voices for Georgia’s Children: Provides information regarding child advocacy, current policy initiatives, and links to the Georgia Birth to Five Coalition (GB5), the Georgia Children’s Advocacy Network (GA-CAN!), and the JUSTGeorgia coalition.
- Georgia Center for Child Advocacy: Statewide non-profit agency that offers prevention, intervention, and treatment services to children affected by physical and sexual abuse.
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta: Family-centered pediatric care with three main hospitals and seventeen neighborhood locations in Atlanta and the surrounding areas. Home of the Stephanie V. Blank Center for Safe and Healthy Children.
- UGA Center for Family Research: Leading research center for issues affecting African-American families in rural southern areas. Home of Strong African-American Families (SAAF) program.
- Georgia Family Connection Partnership: Statewide network that collaborates with partners at both the state and local level to improve child and family well-being.
- Sheltering Arms Georgia Training Institute: Trains early childhood providers on best practices to improve quality of care in the state of Georgia.
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Georgia: Offers training to a statewide network of volunteers who advocate on behalf of victims of child abuse and neglect in juvenile court hearings.
- Better Brains for Babies: is a collaboration of state and local, public and private organizations dedicated to promoting awareness and education about the importance of early brain development in the healthy growth and development of infants and young children in Georgia.
- Georgia Action Plan for Child Injury Prevention: An Agenda to Prevent Injuries and Injury-related Fatalities among Children in Georgia, 2015 document
- The State of Maternal & Infant Health In Georgia: Where We Have Been, Where We Are Now, and What We Can Do: A report on the status of infant and maternal health in Georgia presented at the 2016 Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies meeting and prepared by Merrilee Gober.
- Prevent Child Abuse America: Official website for Prevent Child Abuse America.
- National SafeCare® Training and Research Center: Home-visitation program that works to prevent child maltreatment by focusing on health, home safety, and parent-child interactions.
- Healthy Families America: National home-visitation program that works to promote child well-being through home visits and community engagement.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources, Administration for Children and Families: The Child Welfare Information Gateway includes a general overview of child abuse and neglect as well as statistics, definitions of abuse according to state and federal law, risk and protective factors, and more.
- Child Maltreatment 2014: Report from the Children’s Bureau, a division of the United States DHHS, Administration for Children and Families.
- CDC Injury Center: Child Maltreatment Prevention: Includes information about common types of abuse and national data about child maltreatment.
- The National Alliance of Children’s Trust and Prevention Funds: Connects state child abuse prevention initiatives through online training sessions, peer collaboration, family strengthening strategies, and more.
- Strengthening Families: Nationwide effort of the Center for the Study of Social Policy to ensure the use of protective factors in child welfare programs throughout the country.
- Stop It Now!: National organization that focus on preventing child sexual abuse. The website provides useful links to help services, community outreach, prevention advocacy, and research. Additionally, it includes an Online Help Center and information about the 1.888.PREVENT Helpline.
- Darkness to Light: Public awareness and education campaign dedicated to ending child sexual abuse through empowering communities and individuals. Online resources include a child sexual abuse prevention training program.
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) Online Hotline: Online support for victims of sexual assault and their families and friends. 1-800-656-HOPE.